Bovikalc Bolus (4 pack)
- Free shipping on order's over €199, T & C Apply
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
Bovikalc Calcium Bolus is an essential source of calcium used for controlling of milk fever in cattle. Cows that have a previous history of milk fever or that are pregnant with twins are susceptible to milk fever.
Bovikalc delivers 42g of available calcium in each bolus to help reduce the risk of milk fever.
Each bolus also has an acidifying effect, much like a DCAD diet has, which helps the cow to mobilise her own calcium reserves.
The bolus dissolves in the rumen within 20-30 minutes and helps to raise blood calcium levels over a prolonged period of time.
TO BE USED IN DAIRY COWS AT RISK OF DEVELOPING MILK FEVER, ESPECIALLY IN HIGH YIELDING, OLDER DAIRY COWS AND THOSE INDIVIDUALS AT INCREASED RISK.
For reduction of the risk of milk fever:
- 1st bolus at the first sign of parturition.
- 2nd bolus immediately after calving.
- If necessary, give 1 or 2 additional boluses at 12-15 hour intervals.
For supplementation following calcium injection:
- 1st bolus 2-3 hours after calcium injection.
- 2nd bolus 12-15 hours later.
Only administer Bovikalc® using the approved applicator.
Bovikalc Calcium Boluses are specially designed with a fat coating which makes it easy and safe to administer and does no damage to the cows throat.